Fun and interactive, our SurfBabies and SurfKids programs are great way to help both children and parents develop confidence in the beach environment.
Developed by Surf Life Saving Western Australia, SurfBabies (ages two to four) and SurfKids (ages five to seven) are six-week courses run on Saturday mornings during first and fourth school terms. Conducted by fully qualified surf lifesavers, the programs aim to educate participants about the coastal environment and to be safe and confident beach-goers. Download flyer.
- Series 1: 4 November – 9 December 2017 – Enrolments are closed.
- Series 2: 3 February – 10 March 2018 Enrol now
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not see the location or series you are trying to enrol into please ensure you click “More Sessions” under the appropriate age group.
- Albany (Series 2 only)
- Alkimos Beach
- Coogee Beach
- Cottesloe Beach
- Leighton Beach, Fremantle
- Mullaloo Beach
- North Beach (South of Mettams Pool, between Lynn Street & Giles Street)
- Sorrento Beach
- Quinns Rocks Beach (no longer available for Series 2 enrolments, please consider Alkimos Beach or Mullaloo Beach – we apologise for any inconvenience)
The six-week programs cost $100 (GST exempt) per child.
An important note for parents and guardians
SurfBabies requires parent/guardian participation in the class and for you to remain with your child at all times. Be sure to dress appropriately for this involvement! Please make alternative arrangements for the supervision of other children/siblings during the class. If conditions are unsuitable for swimming, the class will still proceed with the focus being on beach and surf awareness activities.