SLSWA recognise outstanding Youth members through its Awards & Recognition events with the following annual awards specific to youth:
- U15 Lifesaver of the Year: This award recognises outstanding patrolling service during the current season by a youth Surf Rescue Certificate (SRC) holder. Only Youth Members who have an SRC but have not obtained their Bronze Medallion prior to close of entries are eligible for this award.
- Youth Official of the Year: This award recognises and rewards a youth member who has made an outstanding contribution to officiating during the current season.
- Youth Club Achiever Award: This award recognises the outstanding club contributions of one youth member (U14-U17) in areas of lifesaving, training, leadership and surf sports. Please note that the nomination will be used by the Development Committee to determine the Youth of the Year.
- Youth of the Year: Each nominated Youth Club Achiever will be considered for the Youth of the Year, which will be determined by the Development Committee and announced at the Awards ceremony.
- Young Athlete of the Year: This award recognises and rewards junior athletes, aged 15 to 18, who have demonstrated sporting excellence as well as contributed to the area of surf sports within surf lifesaving.