The aim of the Youth Program is to engage, enthuse, and educate all graduating ‘Woodside Nippers’, and new youth members, regardless of their ability in any surf sport discipline, and aid the retention and development of members.
Our youth members (U14 to U17) are the future leaders of the surf life saving movement, thus we want to provide opportunities for them to learn and develop new skills to become not only better surf lifesavers, but also contributors to their local communities.
The Youth Program aims to achieve this by:
- Offering a gradual and seamless transition from nippers to various SLSWA pathways;
- Increasing the opportunity for new youth members who did not participate in Nippers, to join and learn the skills required to become lifesavers;
- Offering a broad and balanced curriculum;
- Developing in complexity throughout;
- Developing individuals holistically across the pillars of surf life saving being lifesaving; surf sports; and training
The Youth Program offers clubs and youth managers a structure and framework from which to base their club-based development sessions on Sunday mornings.
Download this brochure for more information.