Fun and interactive, our SurfKids program is a great way to build both children and parents skills and confidence in the beach environment.
SurfKids is a six-week course run on Saturday mornings designed to educate children and parents on ways to enjoy the beach safely.
Conducted by fully qualified surf lifesavers, the SurfKids program for children 5 to 7 years aims to deliver the following outcomes: Now available at Port Bouvard please contact the club directly.
|Personal Safety||Understand basic safety practices: demonstrate attracting attention, importance of having an adult present when in the water.|
|Beach Awareness||Understand the types of animals that we share the beach with, identify dangerous animals|
|Patrol||Identify a Lifesaver, identify red and yellow flags, learn basic signals.|
|Sun Safety||Understand the meaning of Slip, Slop, Slap, Seek and Slide.|
|Water Confidence||Wade in and out of the water with confidence, catch waves and duck dive.|
- Series 1: 7th November 2020 - 12th December 2020.
- Series 2: 6th February 2021 - 13th March 2021
An important note for parents and guardians SurfKids requires parent/guardian participation in the class and for you to remain with your child at all times. Be sure to dress appropriately for this involvement! Please make alternative arrangements for the supervision of other children/siblings during the class. If conditions are unsuitable for swimming, the class will still proceed with the focus being on beach and surf awareness activities.
hold their Community Surf rescue or their Bronze Medallion.
- Implementation of this high-quality, activity-based learning program which has been designed give children the opportunity to build water familiarisation and beach safety.
- Children learn essential skills to assist them whilst at the beach or in the ocean.
- Each week the instructors will build the children's skill level, from how to stand in the break safely to dolphin diving to negotiate wave's.