Fun and interactive, our SurfBabies program is a great way to help both children and parents develop surf skills & confidence in the ocean.
The six-week course, run on Saturday mornings, is designed to familiarise children with the beach and ocean environment – parent participation is a must!
Conducted by fully qualified surf lifesavers, our SurfBabies program for 2-year-olds aims to deliver the following outcomes:
|Personal Safety||Staying with parents, how to attract attention when needed.|
|Beach Awareness||Understand some types of beach/marine creatures.|
|Patrol|| Identify Lifesavers and learn basic signals.
|Sun Safety||Slip, slop, slap, slide and seek|
|Water Confidence||Developed over the program using tried and tested fun methods.|
- Series 1 6 November 2021 – 11 December 2021 Time: 8.30 am-9am
- Series 2: 5 February 2022 – 12 March 2022
- Beaches: Busselton, Coogee, Cottesloe, Leighton, North beach, Sorrento, Mullaloo, and Alkimos.
- Now available at Port Bouvard and Albany Surf Life Saving Clubs – Please contact the club directly for program information.
An important note for parents and guardians: SurfBabies requires parent/guardian participation in the class and for you to remain with your child at all times. Be sure to dress appropriately for this involvement! Please make alternative arrangements for the supervision of other children/siblings during the class. If conditions are unsuitable for swimming, the class will still proceed with the focus being on beach and surf awareness activities.
- Children aged 2 years old.
- Implementation of this high-quality, activity-based learning program which has been designed to give children the opportunity to build water confidence and beach safety.
- Children learn essential skills to assist them whilst at the beach or in the ocean.
- Each week the instructors will build the children's skill level, from how to stand in the break safely to dolphin diving to negotiate wave's.
|Alkimos -2 years - SurfBabies||5 February - 12 March 2022||08:00 am - 11:30 am||Alkimos beach||24|
|Busselton - 2 years - SurfBabies||5 February - 12 March 2022||08:30 am - 09:00 am||Busselton foreshore||30|
|Coogee - 2 years - SurfBabies||5 February - 12 March 2022||08:30 am - 09:00 am||Coogee Beach||20|
|Cottesloe - 2 years - SurfBabies||5 February - 12 March 2022||08:30 am - 09:00 am||Cottesloe Beach||24|
|Leighton - 2 years - SurfBabies||5 February - 12 March 2022||08:30 am - 09:00 am||Leighton Beach||37|
|Mullaloo - 2 years - SurfBabies||5 February - 12 March 2022||08:30 am - 09:00 am||Mullaloo Beach||31|
|Sorrento - 2 years - SurfBabies||5 February - 12 March 2022||08:30 am - 09:00 am||Sorrento Beach||39|
|Watermans bay Nth Beach - 2 years - SurfBabies||5 February - 12 March 2022||08:30 am - 09:00 am||Watermans Bay, North Beach||2|