Fun and interactive, our Surfkids program is a great way to help both children and parents develop surf skills & confidence in the beach environment.
The six-week course, run on Saturday mornings, is designed to familiarise children with the beach environment and teach parents valuable skills in supervision.
Conducted by fully qualified surf lifesavers, the SurfBabies program for 4-5-year-olds aims to deliver the following outcomes:
|Personal Safety||Importance of having an adult present when in the water.|
|Beach Awareness||Understand common dangers at the beach/marine creatures.|
|Patrol||Identify lifesavers, red and yellow flags, and patrol shelters as safety house|
|Sun Safety||Understand the meaning of Slip, Slop, Slap, Seek and Slide|
|Water Confidence||Floating on back, wading|
- Series 1: 6 November 2021 – 11th December 2021 Time: 9.50-10.20am
- Series 2: 5 February 2022 – 12 March 2022
- Beaches: Dampier, Busselton, Coogee, Leighton, Cottesloe, North Beach, Sorrento, Mullaloo, and Alkimos.
Now available at Port Bouvard, Albany, and Dampier Surf Life Saving Clubs – Please contact the clubs directly for course & booking information.
Dampier Surf Life Saving Club now taking bookings for Surfkids aged 4-5 years old, commencing on the 17th of October, please contact the surf club directly:
Contact Jodie at: email@example.com
An important note for parents and guardians: SurfBabies requires parent/guardian participation in the class and for you to remain with your child at all times. Be sure to dress appropriately for this involvement! Please make alternative arrangements for the supervision of other children/siblings during the class. If conditions are unsuitable for swimming, the class will still proceed with the focus being on beach and surf awareness activities.
Surf Babies is a successful program that has been running for a number of years, all of our instructors hold their Community Surf Rescue Certificate or Bronze Medallion.
- Children ages 4 to 5 years old.
- Implementation of this high-quality, activity-based learning program which has been designed give children the opportunity to build water familiarisation and beach safety.
- Our instructors will get to know your child and teach the program accordingly, building their confidence each week.
- Children learn essential skills to assist them whilst at the beach or in the ocean.
- Each week the instructors will build the children's skill level, from how to stand in the break safely to dolphin diving to negotiate wave's.
|Alkimos 4 to 5 years - Surfkids||5 February - 12 March 2022||09:50 am - 10:20 am||Alkimos beach||29|
|Busselton - 4 to 5 years - Surfkids||5 February - 12 March 2022||09:50 am - 10:20 am||Busselton foreshore||18|
|Coogee - 4 to 5 years - Surfkids||5 February - 12 March 2022||09:50 am - 10:20 am||Coogee Beach||9|
|Cottesloe - 4 to 5 years - Surfkids||5 February - 12 March 2022||09:50 am - 10:20 am||Cottesloe Beach||7|
|Leighton - 4 to 5 years - Surfkids||5 February - 12 March 2022||09:50 am - 10:20 am||Leighton Beach||31|
|Mullaloo - 4 to 5 years - Surfkids||5 February - 12 March 2022||09:50 am - 10:20 am||Mullaloo Beach||25|
|Sorrento - 4 to 5 years - Surfkids||5 February - 12 March 2022||09:50 am - 10:20 am||Sorrento Beach||30|
|Watermans bay Nth Beach -4 to 5 years - Surfkids||5 February - 12 March 2022||09:50 am - 10:20 am||Watermans Bay, North Beach||8|