Duration: 1 Day
This first aid training provides candidates with the necessary skills and knowledge to manage emergency first aid situations, as well as administer competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical aid. Successful completion of the course by candidates will see them receive a first aid certificate that is valid for three years. This Provide First Aid course is nationally recognised and WorkCover approved.
- Legal Issues
- Infection Control
- Using the DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, burns, and bleeding
- Managing emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess of heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that potentially require emergency care such as heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes, and epilepsy.
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning, including care for venomous bites or stings.
This course will assess competency via demonstration, presentation, and application of all course content. Application has a focus on using skills and knowledge of the course in the workplace. Assessment activities may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstration and performance in simulated scenarios.
Please note that it is a requirement of this first aid course that a demonstration of CPR must be performed on the floor.
ACCREDITATION AND VALIDITY
Candidates who successfully complete the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment for the following course: HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid.
This statement is valid for three years. The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends updating the CPR component of this course every 12 months. A separate course focused on CPR is available.
Book your Provide First Aid course today.