Duration – 1 day
Cost – $185 NEW, special price – $145!
This course provides candidates with the knowledge and skills needed to manage emergency first aid situations and deliver competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical support. Once completed, candidates will obtain a first aid certificate that is valid for three years.
The HLTAID003 Provide First Aid course is nationally recognised.
- Legal Issues
- Infection control
- DRSABCD action plan
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Treatment of shock, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes, allergic reactions, anaphylaxis and epilepsy
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning including venomous bites and stings
This course is assessed through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Candidates will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
There is no online assessment required for our public courses. All assessment tasks are completed on the day of the course.
To complete the practical components of this course all candidates are required to demonstrate CPR on the floor.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a nationally recognised training Statement of Attainment for the following unit of competence:
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid.
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support.
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Please note that we are unable to provide certificates on the day of the course. We also do not provide a temporary certificate. We endeavour to issue certificates within 10 working days of the course date. If you require evidence of a certificate urgently we will do our utmost to assist but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to issue the certificate at such short notice.
Three (3) years from the date of course. It is recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council that the CPR component of this course be updated every 12 months.