What is Workplace Giving?
Workplace Giving is an easy way for your employees to make regular donations from their pre-tax salary. Donations are made from their salary before income tax is calculated, reducing their taxable income.
What benefit will we see from a Workplace Giving program?
Creating a Workplace Giving program positively promotes your organisation’s corporate social responsibility. Workplace Giving has been shown to increase staff engagement and morale, contributing to a positive working environment that increases staff retention.
It’s a win-win for both you and the charity organisations you support – Good2Give Workplace Givers Revealed:
- 86% of employees say workplace giving makes them proud to work for their company
- 80% of employees say a workplace giving program demonstrates ‘a genuine commitment to the community and makes their company a better place to work’
What impact will our Workplace Giving make?
By supporting Surf Life Saving WA, your organisation will be helping to fund rescue equipment, medical supplies, and training for our volunteer surf lifesavers. All donations of every size will help our surf lifesavers save lives and keep Western Australia’s beaches safe.
- 7 employees donating $2 per fortnight will provide a set of binoculars to help volunteer lifesavers spot more people on our beaches who might be in danger
- 6 employees donating $3.50 per fortnight will provide a spinal board to help carry a person with a suspected spinal injury to safety
- 13 employees donating $5 per fortnight will provide an oxygen resuscitation kit to provide lifesaving oxygen to a person who has nearly drowned on our beaches
Workplace Giving provides a regular income stream for Surf Life Saving WA, allowing us to plan for the future. It’s also an easy, cost-effective program to administer which keeps our costs down, ensuring more of your employee’s donations go where they’re needed most.
How can we take our support one step further?
You can increase your company’s impact by matching your employee’s donations. Good2Give found that companies who match employee donations boost their employee generosity and build greater workplace morale. Good2Give Workplace Givers Revealed:
- 81% of employees considered matched giving as an important feature
How do we get started?
Your organisation may decide to make Workplace Giving donations directly to Surf Life Saving WA or through a dedicated Workplace Giving platform such as Good2Give. Good2Give’s purpose-built Workplace Giving platform is an easy to use and secure way for your employees to make donations.
With Good2Give, employees are able to:
- Manage and change their donations easily
- See your organisation’s matched donations
- Receive communications directly from Surf Life Saving WA
- Access detailed reporting to gain real-time insights
To find out more about supporting Surf Life Saving WA using Good2Give in your workplace, please contact our Donor Care Team on 9207 6666. Alternatively, you can email or visit the Good2Give website for more information, or to book a demonstration.
You can also make Workplace Giving donations directly to Surf Life Saving WA. Please contact us on 9207 6666 or email to find out more.