The aim of our Youth Program is to engage, enthuse and educate all graduating ‘nippers’ and new youth members, regardless of their ability in the surf sport discipline.
Our youth members (aged 13 to 16 years) are the future leaders of the surf life saving movement, thus we want to provide opportunities for them to learn and develop new skills to not only become better surf lifesavers, but also contributors to their local communities.
Our youth program will:
- Offer a gradual and seamless transition from nippers to youth programs;
- Increase the opportunity for new youth members who did not participate in nippers to join and learn the skills required to become lifesavers;
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum;
- Develop in complexity throughout;
- Develop individuals holistically across the pillars of surf life saving being Youth & Nippers; Training & Education; Surf Sports; and Lifesaving.
Our youth program contains 4 core components: the Youth Program Curriculum, Youth Leaders Program, Youth Development Camps and Youth Awards, find out more about these areas below.