The ultimate aim of the Youth Program is to engage, enthuse and educate all graduating ‘Nippers’ and new youth members, regardless of their ability in the surf sport discipline, and aid the retention and development of members.
As such, this program will:
- Offer a gradual and seamless transition from Nippers to youth programs;
- Increase the opportunity for new youth members who did not participate in Nippers to join and learn the skills required to become lifesavers;
- Offer a broad and balanced curriculum;
- Develop in complexity throughout;
- Develop individuals holistically across the pillars of surf life saving being lifesaving; surf sports; and training and
Through our Youth Program, we offer clubs and youth managers a structure and framework from which to base their club-based development sessions on Sunday mornings.
The curriculum encompasses a series of workshops and activities through which youth members will develop their knowledge, understanding and skills in a range of areas around the SLSWA pillars of; Youth & Nippers; Training & Education; Surf Sports; and Lifesaving.
The program also supports a modified model of surf sports activities that ensure all participants are able to participate, achieve and enjoy.