Like in many other sports, officials play a vital role in our movement. This season SLSWA youth members have the opportunity to officiate at Little Nipper and/or Nipper events.
How to become a youth official:
- Fill out the participation expression of interest form, and return it to Surf Life Saving WA, as per the instructions on the form.
- Complete a Community Officiating General Principles online course. *Register with the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) to complete this course for FREE (short quiz which allows you chances to correct).
- Complete the Youth Officials Course
- Officiate at Carnivals! After you have officiated at three SLSWA surf sports events (we’ll make sure you have a mentor around you), you will receive your Youth Officials accreditation! (U14 & U15 members will be able to take on roles at our little nipper events, while our U16 & U17 members, in addition to little nipper events, will be able to take on roles at a nipper event, including championships).
If you decide to take on a role you can use the hours accrued towards the SLSWA Youth Leaders Program.
Upcoming Youth Officials Courses:
- Friday 31 January, 2.30pm – 5.30pm at Balcatta Surf House. Email Sandy Clarke to register!
- Further dates yet to be announced