SunSmart WA Endurance Championships
Date: Saturday, 26 October 2019
Location: Sorrento Beach
Start time: 7.00am
Competition age groups: Nippers (U12-U13) to Masters competitors
Key Information: This event is open to SLSWA athletes in age categories U12 – Masters.
- Event Wrap
- Photo Gallery
- Event Program
- Surf Boat information (Boat drop off and pick up)
- Course Maps
About this event:
The 2019/2020 Surf Sport season is set to get underway this Saturday with the 2019 SunSmart WA Endurance Championships. Weather conditions look great with light SE breeze and the temperature reaching 28 degrees. A tan doesn’t last a lifetime but skin damage does! Remember to Slip! Slop! Slap! Seek! Slide!
Event courses: The event courses will be outlined to competitors in the race briefing. All events will start and finish at Sorrento Beach except the surf boat events, which will start at Scarborough beach.
Wristbands: For all events except Surfboats, the SLSWA wristbands will be used. Athletes are asked to bring their bands from last year. If Athletes are yet to have a band allocated or have lost a band, new bands will be available at the new administration van. It will be in the centre of the beach.
Age Categories: In the events where age groups start with the Open, athletes will be able to race in their own age group as well as the Open category. For example, in the 4km Run, if an U17 is first across the line then they will be crowned Open and U17 Champion. This is to ensure that the fastest athletes are crowned as Open State Champions.
This rule will occur in the 4km Beach Run, 2km Swim, 9km Ski, 3km Board Race and the Surfboats.
Age group amalgamations: With the requirements to have a minimum of 3 competitors to constitute an event, the following categories will be merged.
- Male 35-44 2km Beach Run to merge with Open Male 4km Beach Run
- Male 65+ & Male 55-64 2km Beach Run to merge with Male 45-54 2km Beach Run
- Female 55-64 2km Beach Run to merge with Female 45-54 2km Beach Run
- Female U19 4km Beach Run to merge with Open Female 4km Beach Run
- Female 55-64 2km Swim to merge with Female 45-54 2km Swim
- Female U19 2km Swim to merge with Open Female 2km Swim
- Male 65+ Single Ski to merge with Male 55-64 Single Ski
- Male 35-44 Single Ski to merge with Open Male Single Ski
- Female 35-44 Single Ski to merge with Open Female Single Ski
- Female U19 Single Ski to merge with Open Female Single Ski
- Female U19 Surf Boat to merge with Open Female Surf Boat
- Female U23 Surf Boat to merge with Open Female Surf Boat
Results: Following the completion of each event results will be published on this webpage.
Find out more: If you have any further questions please contact Graham Snook during business hours (9am-5pm) on 9207 6666.
This event is proudly sponsored by Healthway, promoting the SunSmart message