Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) racing is an exciting sport that gives surf lifesavers the chance to put their rescue skills to the test.
The purpose of the Inflatable Rescue Boat competition is to:
- Improve the skills and technique of IRB drivers and crew
- Allow crews to demonstrate their techniques and abilities to perform rescues
- Bring crews together to discuss and improve IRB techniques and operations
- Promote safety awareness techniques for the crew and patients in simulated rescue scenarios
IRB crews consist of a driver and a crewperson. The objective of the IRB race is to rescue a ‘patient’ or ‘patients’ from the water in the quickest time.
2021/22 EVENT DATES
- SunSmart WA IRB State Championships
- WA IRB Carnival 1 – host club Sorrento SLSC
- WA IRB Carnival 2 – host club Fremantle SLSC
- WA IRB Carnival 4 – host club Scarboro SLSC
Past IRB Carnival and State Championships results are available on the Surf Sports Event Results page.