Nippers is a junior program that introduces children aged 5 – 12 years to surf lifesaving. Nipper Education Programs are delivered at all thirty-one Western Australian surf lifesaving clubs throughout the summer season. Nippers is about children participating in safe, fun and organised activities in a beach environment.
There is a wide range of opportunities available for members interested in participating in surf life-saving sport. Surf Sports continues to be a retention tool for our clubs as well as a way for our lifesavers to display and practice the skills and abilities required to save a life on our beaches.
For our Under 8 and Under 9 (7-8 year old) nipper members – who we refer to as Little Nippers – we have the very popular Little Nipper surf sports carnivals and clinics.
For our Under 10 – Under 13 nipper members (9-12 year old members), SLSWA provides Nipper surf sports carnivals and championships.
The Little Nipper & Nipper Competition Guide is now available
- Nipper Carnival: 15 December 2019, Location TBA
- Nipper Carnival: 19 January 2020, Location TBA
- SunSmart Country Carnival: 25 & 26 January 2020, Smiths Beach
- SunSmart Nipper Metro Qualifiers: 15 & 16 February 2020
- SunSmart Country Championships: 1 March 2020, Location TBA
- SunSmart WA Nipper Championships: 13 – 15 March 2020, Scarborough Beach
Little Nipper (U8-U9)
- SunSmart Little Nippers Carnival R1: 12 January 2020, Location TBA
- SunSmart Little Nippers Carnival R2: 9 February 2020, Location TBA
- SunSmart WA Nipper Surf Life Saving Championships: 15 March – 17 March 2019, Scarborough Beach
- SunSmart WA Country Surf Life Saving Championships: 3 March 2019, Sorrento Beach
- SunSmart Nipper Metro States Qualifier: 23 & 24 February 2019, Trigg Island
- Nipper Clinic (U10 &U11): 3 February 2019, Sorrento Beach
- SunSmart Nipper Country Carnival: 26 & 27 January, Ocean Beach Denmark
- SunSmart Nipper Carnival R2: 20 January 2019, Mullaloo.
- Nipper Clinic with Phil Clayton (U12 & U13): 12 January 2019, Scarborough Beach
- SunSmart Nipper Carnival R1: 2 December 2018, Coogee Beach
- Development Carnival (U10-U13’s): 18 November 2018 – Alkimos Beach (for clubs north of Floreat)/ Coogee Beach (clubs south of Scarborough).
Little Nippers (U8-U9)
- 2019 SunSmart WA Little Nippers Surf Life Saving Championships: 3 March 2019, Sorrento Beach
- SunSmart Little Nippers Carnival R3: 10 February 2019, Cottesloe Beach
- SunSmart Little Nippers Country Carnival R2: 28 January 2019, Denmark
- SunSmart Little Nipper Carnival R1:13 January 2019, Swanbourne