Pool Rescue competition is a growing sports discipline for Surf Life Saving WA and its clubs. Pool Rescue sees competitors’ aquatic skills tested with events including manikin tows, obstacle swims and tube swims carrying ‘patients’.
It is very important for surf athletes to have pool rescue skills – as well as surf skills – among their credentials in order to be considered for selection in Australian elite surf sports teams.
Pool tournaments also encourage athletes who may feel uncomfortable in the ocean to get involved in the lifesaving movement.
In 2018 SLSWA runs a three-round SunSmart Pool Rescue Series to ensure that all competitors have adequate opportunity to prepare for the SunSmart Pool Rescue State Championships in July.
Think you have what it takes? Check out an example of all the action here.
For more details regarding the series, contact Andrew Mosel, Surf Sports Officer on (08) 9207 6666.
Schedule of events
2018 SunSmart Pool Rescue Series
- SunSmart Pool Rescue Series Round 1: Saturday 26 May 2018, HBF Stadium Mt Claremont, Results
- SunSmart Pool Rescue Series Round 2: Saturday 2 June 2018, HBF Stadium Mt Claremont
- SunSmart Pool Rescue Series Round 3: Saturday 16 June 2018, Mandurah Aquatic Centre
2018 SunSmart WA Pool Rescue Championships
- SunSmart WA Senior & Masters Pool Rescue Championships: Sunday 8 July 2018, HBF Stadium Mt Claremont
- SunSmart WA Nipper Pool Rescue Championships: Saturday 14 to Sunday 15 July 2018, HBF Stadium Mt Claremont
Results for the 2017/18 SunSmart Pool Rescue Series are available as pdf’s per event.