Pool Rescue competition is a growing sports discipline for Surf Life Saving WA and its clubs. Pool Rescue sees competitors’ aquatic skills tested with events including manikin tows, obstacle swims and tube swims carrying ‘patients’.
It is very important for surf athletes to have pool rescue skills – as well as surf skills – among their credentials in order to be considered for selection in Australian elite surf sports teams.
Pool tournaments also encourage athletes who may feel uncomfortable in the ocean to get involved in the lifesaving movement.
For more details regarding the series, contact Graham Snook, Surf Sports Officer on (08) 9207 6666.
- Pool Rescue Carnival: Sunday, 26 May, Trinity College. This event is run by West Lifesaving Club and is open to SLSWA members. Register here.
- 2019 SunSmart Pool Rescue State Championships | Friday 14 – 16 June, HBF Stadium, Mt Claremont. Circular 41
- SunSmart Pool Rescue Carnival: Saturday 11 May, HBF Stadium – results
- SunSmart WA Nipper Pool Rescue Championships: Saturday 14 to Sunday 15 July 2018, HBF Stadium Mt Claremont
- SunSmart WA Senior & Masters Pool Rescue Championships: Sunday 8 July 2018, HBF Stadium Mt Claremont
- SunSmart Pool Rescue Series Round 3: Saturday 16 June 2018, Mandurah Aquatic Centre
- SunSmart Pool Rescue Series Round 2: Saturday 2 June 2018, HBF Stadium Mt Claremont
- SunSmart Pool Rescue Series Round 1: Saturday 26 May 2018, HBF Stadium Mt Claremont, Results