The 2018/19 SLSWA Ocean Swim Series provides both Surf Life Saving members and the general public the chance to compete in mass participation long distance open water swimming events.
The events within the Ocean Swim Series are run and administered by the local surf lifesaving clubs associated with each event. Ie. Cottesloe SLSC for the Cottesloe Classic Mile, etc. This helps to raise funds and awareness for these clubs within their local communities.
For more information contact SLSWA’s Sport and Development Coordinator, Jason Wright on 9207 6666.
Schedule of events
2018/19 SLSWA Ocean Swim Series
- Saturday 20 October 2018: Euroz North Cottesloe Cold Water Classic 1.8km @ North Cottesloe SLSC
- Monday 31 December 2018: New Year’s Eve Swim 1km, 2km @ Albany SLSC
- Saturday 12 January 2019: Cottesloe Classic Mile 400m, 1.6km, 3km @ Cottesloe SLSC
- Saturday 2 February 2019: Swanny Ocean Classic 2.2km @ Swanbourne Nedlands SLSC
- Saturday 16 February 2019: Freo Ocean Classic Leighton 1.6km, 3.2km @ Fremantle SLSC
- Saturday 20 April 2019: Albany 4km Harbour Swim @ Albany SLSC – new 7:30am start time!
- Sunday 21 April 2019: SunSmart Southern Ocean Classic Mile 1.6km @ Denmark SLSC