The 2017/18 SLSWA Ocean Swim Series provides both Surf Life Saving members and the general public the chance to compete in mass participation long distance open water swimming events.
The events within the Ocean Swim Series are run and administered by the local surf lifesaving clubs associated with each event. Ie. Cottesloe SLSC for the Cottesloe Classic Mile, etc. This helps to raise funds and awareness for these clubs within their local communities.
For more information contact SLSWA’s Sport and Development Coordinator, Jason Wright on 9207 6666.
Schedule of events
2017/18 SLSWA Ocean Swim Series
- Sunday 22 October 2017: Euroz North Cottesloe Cold Water Classic 1.8km @ North Cottesloe SLSC
- Saturday 16 December 2017: Trigg Tower to Tower Swim 1.8km @ Trigg Island SLSC
- Sunday 31 December 2017: New Year’s Eve Swim 1km, 2km @ Albany SLSC
- Saturday 13 January 2018: Cottesloe Classic Mile 400m, 1.6km, 3km @ Cottesloe SLSC
- Saturday 20 January 2018: SunSmart Coastal Relay 5km @ North Cottesloe SLSC
- Friday 26 January 2018: Champion Bay Challenge 1km, 1.5km, 3km and 6km @ Champion Bay SLSC
- Saturday 3 February 2018: Swanny Ocean Classic 2.2km @ Swanbourne Nedlands SLSC
- Saturday 17 February 2018: Freo Ocean Classic Leighton 1.6km, 3.2km @ Fremantle SLSC – Photos
- Saturday 31 March 2018: Albany 4km Harbour Swim @ Albany SLSC – new 7:30am start time!
- Sunday 1 April 2018: SunSmart Southern Ocean Classic Mile 1.6km @ Denmark SLSC