The 2019/20 SLSWA Ocean Swim Series provides both Surf Life Saving members and the general public the chance to compete in mass participation long distance open water swimming events.
The events within the Ocean Swim Series are run and administered by the local surf lifesaving clubs associated with each event. Ie. Cottesloe SLSC for the Cottesloe Classic Mile, etc. This helps to raise funds and awareness for these clubs within their local communities.
For more information contact SLSWA’s Sport and Development Coordinator, Jason Wright on 9207 6666.
- City Open Water Swim: 28 December 2019, (Swanbourne SLSC to City of Perth SLSC).
- New Year’s Eve Swim: 31 December 2019, Albany SLSC
- Cottesloe Classic Mile: 11 January 2020, Cottesloe Beach
- Cut to Club Open Water Swim: 18 January 2020, Port Bouvard SLSC
- Champion Bay Challenge Swim: 26 January 2020, Champion Bay SLSC
- Swanbourne Open Classic: 1 February 2020, Swanbourne Nedlands
- Fremantle Ocean Classic: 15 February 2020, Leighton Beach
- Albany Harbour Swim: 11 April 2020, Princess Royal Harbour
- 24 Hour Ocean Swim: 11 & 12 April 2020, Champion Bay
- Southern Ocean Classic Mile: 12 April 2020, Denmark
- The Aussie Ocean Swim: 19 April 2020, Burleigh Beach, QLD