Nippers is a junior program that introduces children aged 5 – 12 years to surf lifesaving. Nipper Education Programs are delivered at all thirty-one Western Australian surf lifesaving clubs throughout the summer season. Nippers is about children participating in safe, fun and organised activities in a beach environment.
There is a wide range of opportunities available for members interested in participating in surf life-saving sport. Surf Sports continues to be a retention tool for our clubs as well as a way for our lifesavers to display and practice the skills and abilities required to save a life on our beaches.
For our Under 8 and Under 9 (7-8 year old) nipper members – who we refer to as Little Nippers – we have the very popular Little Nipper surf sports carnivals and clinics.
For our Under 10 – Under 13 nipper members (9-12 year old members), SLSWA provides Nipper surf sports carnivals and championships.
The Little Nipper & Nipper Competition Guide is now available
Schedule of events
- SunSmart WA Nipper Surf Life Saving Championships: Friday 15 March – Sunday 17 March 2019, Scarborough Beach
Little Nippers (U8-U9)
- 2019 SunSmart WA Little Nippers Surf Life Saving Championships: Sunday 3 March 2019, Sorrento Beach.- Event Bulletin – Results
- SunSmart Little Nippers Carnival R3: Sunday, 10 February 2019, Cottesloe Beach, Event program
- SunSmart Little Nippers Country Carnival R2: Monday, 28 January 2019, Denmark, Event program
- SunSmart Little Nipper Carnival R1: Sunday, 13 January 2019, Swanbourne, Event program
- SunSmart WA Country Surf Life Saving Championships: Sunday 3 March 2019, Sorrento Beach
- Event Program – Event Bulletin
- SunSmart Nipper Metro States Qualifier: Saturday, 23 & Sunday, 24 February 2019, Trigg, Event program
- Nipper Clinic (U10 &U11): Sunday 3 February 2019, Sorrento Beach
- SunSmart Nipper Country Carnival: Saturday 26 January (Beach) and Sunday 27 January (water/boats), Ocean Beach Denmark. Event program, Results
- SunSmart Nipper Carnival R2: Sunday 20 January 2019, Mullaloo, Event program
- Nipper Clinic with Phil Clayton (U12 & U13): Saturday 12 January 2019, Scarborough Beach, Photos
- SunSmart Nipper Carnival R1: Sunday 2 December 2018, Coogee, Event program, Photos
- Development Carnival (U10-U13’s): Sunday, 18 November 2018 – Alkimos Beach (for clubs north of Floreat), Event program / Coogee Beach (clubs south of Scarborough), Event program