Nippers is a junior program that introduces children aged 5 – 12 years to surf lifesaving. Nipper Education Programs are delivered at all thirty one Western Australian surf lifesaving clubs throughout the summer season. Nippers is about children participating in safe, fun and organised activities in a beach environment.
There are a wide range of opportunities available for members interested in participating in surf life saving sport. Surf Sports continues to be a retention tool for our clubs as well as a way for our lifesavers to display and practice the skills and abilities required to save a life on our beaches.
For our Under 8 and Under 9 (7-8 year old) nipper members – who we refer to as Little Nippers – we have the very popular Little Nipper surf sports carnivals and clinics.
For our Under 10 – Under 13 nipper members (9-12 year old members), SLSWA provides Nipper surf sports carnivals and championships.
The Little Nipper & Nipper Competition Guide is now available
Schedule of events
Little Nippers (U8-U9)
- 2019 SunSmart WA Little Nippers Surf Life Saving Championships: Sunday 3 March 2019, Sorrento Beach. Event Program – Event Bulletin
- SunSmart Nipper Metro States Qualifier: Saturday, 23 & Sunday, 24 February 2019, Trigg, Event program
- SunSmart WA Country Surf Life Saving Championships: Sunday 3 March 2019, Sorrento Beach
- Event Program Event Bulletin
- SunSmart WA Nipper Surf Life Saving Championships: Friday 15 March – Sunday 17 March 2019, Scarborough Beach Event Program – Event Bulletin
- SunSmart Little Nippers Carnival R3: Sunday, 10 February 2019, Cottesloe Beach, Event program
- Nipper Clinic (U10 &U11): Sunday 3 February 2019, Sorrento Beach
- SunSmart Little Nippers Country Carnival R2: Monday, 28 January 2019, Denmark, Event program
- SunSmart Nipper Country Carnival: Saturday 26 January (Beach) and Sunday 27 January (water/boats), Ocean Beach Denmark. Event program, Results
- SunSmart Nipper Carnival R2: Sunday 20 January 2019, Mullaloo, Event program
- SunSmart Little Nipper Carnival R1: Sunday, 13 January 2019, Swanbourne, Event program
- Nipper Clinic with Phil Clayton (U12 & U13): Saturday 12 January 2019, Scarborough Beach, Photos
- SunSmart Nipper Carnival R1: Sunday 2 December 2018, Coogee, Event program, Photos
- Development Carnival (U10-U13’s): Sunday, 18 November 2018 – Alkimos Beach (for clubs north of Floreat), Event program / Coogee Beach (clubs south of Scarborough), Event program