Nippers is a junior program that introduces children aged 5 to 12 years to surf lifesaving. Nipper Education Programs are delivered at all thirty one Western Australian surf lifesaving clubs throughout the summer season. Nippers is about children participating in safe, fun and organised activities in a beach environment.
There are a wide range of opportunities available for members interested in participating in surf life saving sport. Surf Sports continues to be a retention tool for our clubs as well as a way for our lifesavers to display and practice the skills and abilities required to save a life on our beaches. For our Under 10 to Under 13 Nipper members (9-12 year old members), SLSWA provides Nipper Surf Sports Carnivals and Championships.
For the 2017/18 season SLSWA have also introduced Little Nippers Surf Sports Carnival for the Under 8 and Under 9 Nipper members, as a fun way to introduce sport to these younger age groups. The Little Nippers Carnivals will be held at safer locations and club volunteers will work together to help deliver an introductory surf sports experience for these Little Nippers.
Little Nippers & Nippers Competition Guide is now available
Schedule of events
- Alkimos Development Carnival: Sunday 3 December 2017 @ Alkimos Beach – Event Program
Little Nippers (U8-U9)
- Little Nippers Carnival R1: Sunday 14 January 2018 @ Sorrento Beach – Event Program
- Little Nippers Carnival R2: Sunday 28 January 2018 @ Champion Bay, Geraldton – Event Program
- Little Nippers Carnival R3: Sunday 11 February 2018 @ Cottesloe Beach – Event Program
- SunSmart WA Surf Life Saving Little Nippers Championships: Sunday 4 March 2018 @ Location TBA
- Nipper Carnival R1: Sunday 10 December 2017 @ Coogee Beach – Event Program – Photos
- Nipper Carnival R2: Sunday 21 January 2017 @ Leighton Beach – Event Program
- Nipper Country Carnival: Friday 26 January (beach events) and Saturday 27 January 2018 (water events) @ Mahomets Flats, Geraldton
- Nipper Metro States Qualifier: Saturday 17 February and Sunday 18 February 2018 @ Trigg Beach – Event Program
- SunSmart WA Country Championships: Sunday 4 March 2018 @ Sorrento Beach
- SunSmart WA Nipper Surf Life Saving Championships: Friday 16 March to Sunday 18 March 2018 @ Scarborough Beach
Results are available as pdf’s per event.