Nippers is a junior program that introduces children aged 5 to 12 years to surf lifesaving. Nipper Education Programs are delivered at all thirty one Western Australian surf lifesaving clubs throughout the summer season. Nippers is about children participating in safe, fun and organised activities in a beach environment.
There are a wide range of opportunities available for members interested in participating in surf life saving sport. Surf Sports continues to be a retention tool for our clubs as well as a way for our lifesavers to display and practice the skills and abilities required to save a life on our beaches.
For our Under 8 and Under 9 (7-8 year olds) Nipper members we have the very popular Little Nippers Carnivals. For our Under 10 to Under 13 Nipper members (9-12 year old members), SLSWA provides Nipper Surf Sports Carnivals and Championships.
Little Nippers & Nippers Competition Guide is now available
Schedule of events
- Alkimos Development Carnival (U10-U13’s): Sunday, 18 November 2018, Alkimos Beach
Little Nippers (U8-U9)
- Little Nippers Carnival R1: Sunday, 13 January 2019, Swanbourne Beach
- Little Nippers Carnival R2: Monday, 28 January 2019, Denmark
- Little Nippers Carnival R3: Sunday, 10 February 2019, Cottesloe Beach
- Surf Life Saving WA Little Nippers Championships: Sunday 3 March 2019, Sorrento Beach
- SunSmart Nipper Carnival R1: Sunday, 2 December 2018, Coogee Beach
- SunSmart Nipper Carnival R2: Sunday, 20 January 2019, Mullaloo Beach
- SunSmart Nipper Country Carnival: Saturday, 26 January (beach events) and Sunday, 27 January 2019 (water events), Denmark
- SunSmart Nipper Metro States Qualifier: Saturday, 23 February and Sunday, 24 February 2019, Trigg Beach
- SunSmart WA Country Championships: Sunday, 3 March 2019, Sorrento Beach
- SunSmart WA Nipper Surf Life Saving Championships: Friday, 15 March to Sunday 17 March 2019, Scarborough Beach