Nippers is a junior program that introduces children aged 5 – 12 years to surf lifesaving. Nipper Education Programs are delivered at all thirty one Western Australian surf lifesaving clubs throughout the summer season. Nippers is about children participating in safe, fun and organised activities in a beach environment.
There are a wide range of opportunities available for members interested in participating in surf life saving sport. Surf Sports continues to be a retention tool for our clubs as well as a way for our lifesavers to display and practice the skills and abilities required to save a life on our beaches.
For our Under 8 and Under 9 (7-8 year old) nipper members – who we refer to as Little Nippers – we have the very popular Little Nipper surf sports carnivals and clinics.
For our Under 10 – Under 13 nipper members (9-12 year old members), SLSWA provides Nipper surf sports carnivals and championships.
The Little Nipper & Nipper Competition Guide is now available
Schedule of events
- Development Carnival (U10-U13’s): Sunday, 18 November 2018 – Alkimos Beach (for clubs north of Floreat), Event program / Coogee Beach (clubs south of Scarborough), Event program
Little Nippers (U8-U9)
- Little Nipper Clinic with Phil Clayton: Sunday, 9th December 2018, North Cottesloe
- Little Nippers Carnival R1: Sunday, 13 January 2019, Swanbourne, Event program
- Little Nippers Carnival R2: Monday, 28 January 2019, Denmark
- Little Nippers Carnival R3: Sunday, 10 February 2019, Cottesloe
- Surf Life Saving WA Little Nippers Championships: Sunday 3 March 2019, Sorrento
- SunSmart Nipper Carnival R1: Sunday 2 December 2018, Coogee, Event program, Photos
- Nipper Clinic with Phil Clayton (U12 & U13): Saturday 12 January 2019, Scarborough Beach
- SunSmart Nipper Carnival R2: Sunday 20 January 2019, Mullaloo
- SunSmart Nipper Country Carnival: Saturday 26 (beach events) & Sunday 27 (water events) January 2019, Denmark
- SunSmart Nipper Metro States Qualifier: Saturday, 23 & Sunday, 24 February 2019, Trigg
- SunSmart WA Country Championships: Sunday, 3 March 2019, Sorrento
- SunSmart WA Nipper Surf Life Saving Championships: Friday, 15 March to Sunday 17 March 2019, Scarborough