Surf Squad is a surf sports coaching program, run by Surf Life Saving WA for its youth members, offering a variety of programs throughout the season.
YOUTH BEACH DEVELOPMENT DAY – WHAT TO EXPECT:
The Youth Beach Development Day is aimed at beach competitors aged U14 – U19 for aspiring beach sprint and flags athletes.
- Access to WAIS, Western Australia’s high-performance athlete service centre
- A series of elite level sprint and beach coaching sessions (both on the track at McGillivray Oval and on the beach at City of Perth SLSC). Run by some of Australia’s top athletic and beach coaches as well as ex and current Australian and world beach sprint and flag champions
- Presentations from a WAIS dietician, physiotherapist and exercise physiologist
- An opportunity to tour inside WAIS including the gym, altitude training room, testing facilities and recovery area
- A session in the recovery area including hydrotherapy pool/hot and cold water immersions
- A nutritious morning tea & lunch
- Knowledge on how to find a mentor/coach and development pathways in surf sports
WHEN & WHERE
When: Sunday, 12 December 2021
Time: 8.15am – 1.30pm
Where: Western Australian Institute of Sport, Mount Claremont & City of Perth SLSC
Cost: $10 per athlete
- 8.15am – WAIS, 10 McGillivray Road, Mount Claremont
- 11.45am – Departure (own arrangements) to meet at City of Perth SLSC by 12.15pm
- 12.15pm – City of Perth SLSC
- 1.30pm – Lunch at City of Perth SLSC
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING
- activewear (recommended to wear bathers underneath for recovery session)
- a second pair of bathers for the beach session
- runners & slides/thongs
- wide brim hat
- water bottle
Enquiries, please contact Surf Sports.
REGISTER NOW – Registrations close Monday, 6 December at 11.59pm.