Celebrating Women in Surf
July 1 2020 marks the 40th anniversary of women’s involvement in active surf lifesaving duties.
We want to recognise and celebrate the incredible women who have been part of the movement over the past 40 years and beyond, but we need your help!
Help us recognise the trailblazing women of surf by sharing your stories, photographs and videos with us.
Check out the form below to find out how you can share your story!
The Women of Surf Life Saving
We are fortunate to have a membership full of courageous, strong, hard-working and all-round wonderful women who fill a number of roles on the beach, at their clubs and as employees of Surf Life Saving WA.
They are patrolling lifesavers, athletes, coaches, administrators, presidents, Westpac Lifesaver Rescue Helicopter aircrew and more.
Women have played an incredible role in the strength and success of the surf life saving movement and in 2020, we want to pay homage to the work of women in all areas of surf life saving throughout the years.
WISE 2020 – CANCELLED
It is with some regret that the WISE 2020 Event Committee has advised that the event scheduled for Thursday, 26 March will be cancelled.
We are still collecting your stores, photos and videos from the past 40 years and beyond! You can submit them via the form below.
We will let you know when a new date has been set for the celebration.
To keep up to date with the event, as well as other discussions surrounding the 40-year celebrations, join the WISE 2020 Facebook group.
How to share your stories and connect with others
- Use the form below to upload your photos, videos and stories to us.
- Email us your stories and anecdotes about your time in the movement, or tell us about your mother, aunty or grandmother who was a trailblazer!
- Drop into Surf House (7 Delawney Street, Balcatta WA 6021) to drop off USB’s, newspaper articles, photos or film.*
- Join the Women in Surf Event (WISE) Facebook group.
- Contact Christine Cougan from Sorrento SLSC for other options
*Any hard copy items delivered to Surf House will be digitised and returned to their owner where possible.