Celebrating Women in Surf
We want to recognise and celebrate the incredible women who have been part of the movement over the past 40 years and beyond, but we need your help!
Help us recognise the trailblazing women of surf by sharing your stories, photographs and videos with us.
Check out the form below to find out how you can share your story!
40 Years of Women in Surf
We are lucky to have a membership full of courageous, strong, hard-working and all-round wonderful women who fill a number of roles on the beach, at their clubs and as employees of Surf Life Saving WA. They are patrolling lifesavers, athletes, coaches, administrators, presidents, Westpac Lifesaver Rescue Helicopter aircrew and more.
However, it wasn’t until 1 July, 1980 that women were admitted as full members of the Surf Life Saving Association of Australia.
Four decades on from being made full members, we want to pay homage to the incredible, trailblazing women of the movement by sharing their stories, photos and videos.
Join us for WISE 2020
On Thursday, 26th March 2020 there will be a Women in Surf Event (WISE) to celebrate the amazing females who have contributed to the success of the surf life saving movement. All are invited to attend. For further information contact Christine Cougan.
To keep up to date with the event, as well as other discussions surrounding the 40-year celebrations, join the WISE 2020 Facebook group.
How to share your stories and connect with others
- Use the form below to upload your photos, videos and stories to us.
- Email us your stories and anecdotes about your time in the movement, or tell us about your mother, aunty or grandmother who was a trailblazer!
- Drop into Surf House (7 Delawney Street, Balcatta WA 6021) to drop off USB’s, newspaper articles, photos or film.*
- Join the Women in Surf Event (WISE) Facebook group.
- Contact Christine Cougan from Sorrento SLSC for other options
*Any hard copy items delivered to Surf House will be digitised and returned to their owner.