Duration – 1 Day
Cost – $125
This education and first aid course is nationally recognised and endorsed by the Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA). This course meets all education requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management, and emergency asthma training.
The face-to-face component is a full day course and delivery time may be adjusted according to the candidate’s prior knowledge.
- Legal Issues and infection control
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations, shock
- DRSABCD action plan
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation, vomiting, regurgitation, recovery and reassurance
- Choking – full and partial obstruction
- Anaphylaxis – signs, symptoms and triggers and using adrenaline auto injectors, allergic reaction
- Asthma – signs, symptoms and triggers, different types of bronchodilators
- Spinal injury management, head and neck injuries
- Non-life threatening and life-threatening bleeding, nose bleeds, eye injuries, minor wounds
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains, strains
- Heart attack, angina, stroke
- Hypothermia, hyperthermia, fever, dehydration
- Seizures, epilepsy, febrile convulsions
- Envenomation, poisoning and toxic substances
- Incident reporting and review
This course is assessed through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Candidates will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
This course has a pre-learning online component that is required to be completed prior to the day of the course. An access link will be sent after enrolling. Please allow enough time to complete before attending the course.
To complete the practical components of this course, all candidates must be able to demonstrate CPR on the floor.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a nationally recognised WorkCover approved Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency:
- HLTAID012 – Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting
Note – this unit of competence includes the content of:
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID010 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
This course is valid for three (3) years from the date of course. It is recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council that the Provide CPR (HLTAID009) component of this course be updated every 12 months.
Please view the details in the Candidate Handbook should you wish to cancel or transfer/reschedule your course.
As part of your enrolment into a course, you acknowledge that you have also read and fully understood the information provided in the SLSWA Candidate Handbook.