Duration: 1 Day
This first aid course is tailored to those working in the childcare and education industries, as well as to parents and carers of young children. This Education and Care First Aid course is both nationally recognised as well as endorsed by the Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority (ACECQA). This course satisfies all education requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management, and emergency asthma training.
- Legal Issues
- Infection Control
- Using the DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Emergency situation recognition and management
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, burns, and bleeding
- Managing emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess of heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that potentially require emergency care such as heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes, and epilepsy.
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning, including care for venomous bites or stings.
- Anaphylaxis and asthma
This course will assess competency via demonstration, presentation, and application of all course content. Application has a focus on using skills and knowledge of the course in the workplace. Assessment activities may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstration and performance in simulated scenarios.
Please note that it is a requirement of this course that a demonstration of CPR must be performed on the floor.
ACCREDITATION AND VALIDITY
Candidates who successfully complete the course will receive a nationally recognised and WorkCover approved statement of attainment for the following course: HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
This statement of attainment is valid for three years. Candidates are recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council to update their CPR skills every year.
Enquire about a Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting course today.