PROVIDE FIRST AID - REFRESHER
Duration - 1 day
$116 NEW, special price - $110!
This course provides candidates with the knowledge and skills needed to manage emergency first aid situations and deliver competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical support. Once completed, candidates will obtain a first aid certificate that is valid for three years.
The Provide First Aid course is nationally recognised WorkCover approved training.
- Legal Issues and Infection control
- DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning including venomous bites and stings
AssessmentThis course is assessed through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Candidates will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios. *Please note, it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the floor.
AccreditationUpon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a nationally recognised training statement of attainment for the following unit of competence: HLTAID003 - Provide first aid *Note: This unit of competence incorporates the content of:
- HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- HLTAID002 - Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
ValidityThree (3) years from date of course. It is recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council that the CPR component of this course be updated every 12 months.
|Provide First Aid Requalification||12 March 2019||08:00 am - 05:00 pm||Balcatta SLSWA||13|
|Alkimos - Provide First Aid Requalification||23 March 2019||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||Alkimos Pop Up Library||16|
|Provide First Aid Requalification||27 March 2019||08:00 am - 05:00 pm||Fremantle SLSC||15|
|Provide First Aid Requalification||10 April 2019||08:00 am - 05:00 pm||Balcatta SLSWA||16|
|Provide First Aid Requalification||30 April 2019||08:00 am - 05:00 pm||Fremantle SLSC||16|
|Provide First Aid Requalification||9 May 2019||08:00 am - 05:00 pm||Balcatta SLSWA||16|
|Alkimos - Provide First Aid Requalification||18 May 2019||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||Alkimos Pop Up Library||16|
|Provide First Aid Requalification||21 May 2019||08:00 am - 05:00 pm||Fremantle SLSC||16|
|Provide First Aid Requalification||11 June 2019||08:00 am - 05:00 pm||Balcatta SLSWA||16|
|Provide First Aid Requalification||25 June 2019||08:00 am - 05:00 pm||Fremantle SLSC||16|