COMMUNITY SURF RESCUE CERTIFICATE - FULL
Duration - 1 day
Cost - $160
The Community Surf Rescue Certificate will provide candidates with skills and knowledge of aquatic safety, rescue and survival skill techniques for supervising students participating in activities both in and around various aquatic environments.
- SLSA signals
- Risk Assessment analysis
- Recognise appropriate safe beach zones
- Basic first aid skills relevant to the aquatic environment
- Various rescues techniques including tube and body board rescues
- 100m run/100m swim/100m run (5 minute time limit)
- 200m swim recognisable stroke (5 minute time limit)
- Theory paper
AssessmentThis course is assessed through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Candidates will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
AccreditationUpon successful completion of the course, participants will receive the Community Surf Rescue Certificate. The certificate is recognised by the department of education and training water safety guidelines for supervision of children in both open and closed aquatic environments.
ValidityOne (1) year from date of course.