Basic Emergency Life Support
Duration - 7 hours
$116 NEW, special price - $110!
Provide Basic Emergency Life Support aims to develop candidate’s skills and knowledge of a person to provide basic first aid in an emergency. The course content is based on the policies and standards of the Australian Resuscitation Council.
- Legal Issues and Infection control
- DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Treatment of shock and bleeding
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including cardiac conditions, stroke, asthma
- Management of common medical emergencies
AssessmentThis course is assessed through demonstration, presentation and application of all elements of competency in the workplace. Candidates will be required to complete activities that may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstrations and performing scenarios.
Please note, it is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the floor.
AccreditationUpon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a nationally recognised training statement of attainment for the following unit of competence: HLTAID002 - Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
ValidityThree (3) years from date of course. It is recommended by the Australian Resuscitation Council that the CPR component of this course be updated every 12 months.