Our Strategic Plan
The value of surf life saving in the community needs to be recognised and celebrated far beyond the boundaries of the flags from which we traditionally operate from. We strive to position our movement as a community leader and a fundamental component of any well functioning society.
To this extent our core purpose, "Saving Lives and Building Great Communities" will assist Surf Life Saving Western Australia in achieving our strategic goals and objectives. Saving lives and building great communities encapsulates and extends our core business beyond our current boundaries while reaching out and embracing the community.
Our organisational core values:
- Excellence in everything we do.
- Communicate and involve all our stakeholders effectively.
- Respect and value all individuals.
- Encourage innovation and creativity.
- To operate as a team.
- Foster family values and a sense of belonging.
Combined with our core purpose and core values we have adopted a number of new strategic objectives. Our strategic objectives are as follows:
- Provide safer communities through effective risk management and education.
- Create positive communities through leadership and development opportunities.
- Provide social, recreational and sporting opportunities to enhance the well being of our communities.
- Opening our clubs and adapting to the needs of the wider community.