The Basic Beach Management (Silver Medallion) course is usually conducted in club areas.
The aim of this course is to prepare you for initial work as a Patrol Captain, Team Leader, Duty Captain and similar roles, and is the first step in undertaking the Beach Management Program which will enable you to gain the Certificate III in Public Safety (Aquatic Search and Rescue) PUA31304.
The units of competency obtained on completion of the Bronze Medallion are also part of the Certificate III in Public Safety (Aquatic Search and Rescue) PUA31304, and are shown below.
Completion of this course will enable you to:
• identify your beach management responsibilities
• identify the responsibilities of others in related roles
• identify and use relevant regulations and legislation
• be responsible for your own safety
• be responsible for the safety of others
• operate communication equipment
• follow operating procedures.
To enter the Beach Management course you must be:
Minimum 17 years of age and;
Proficient in Bronze Medallion
Have held Bronze Medallion and proficient in a surf award
All courses will be listed on our MEMBER EDUCATION NEWS site and will be sent to clubs via Circular. Contact your Club Education Director to nominate for the next course.